Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park are popular vacation places. The Simply Estes & RMNP Blog has a series of five articles on snowshoeing. While the series is oriented towards day-hiking the articles none-the-less impart useful information, particularly for novices.
- How To Choose Snowshoes takes into account what type of activity are the snowshoes going to used for, your weight, what type of frames, decking and binding.
- How To Choose Snowshoeing Boots discusses trade-off issues and provides selection recommendations
- Snowshoeing Hints And Tips has 20 useful tips for beginners such as: starting slowly, avoiding stepping on the shoe tails, trying to not to look down, avoiding backing up, sharing breaking trail, using hiking poles, kicking in to climb slopes, and avoiding over-tightening snowshoe straps.
- What To Wear Snowshoeing on a Day Hike briefly covers layering your clothing
- What To Bring When Snowshoeing on a Day Hike provides a 10 essentials list
- Snowshoeing Photography discusses on-the-go photography, photography opportunities, using a monopod/tripod and accounting for snow/light conditions.