If your winter camping doesn’t warrant an expedition pulk there are resources for making your own pulk. Some that we like are:
- My Cheap Snow Camping Sled by Michael Krabach who starts with a sled model called the HO! by Recreation Inc.
- Build yourself an arctic sled
- Mark Harris has a simple, cheap and quick to build design.
- Penob Bob gives instructions for modifying a Paris Expedition Sled into a pulk
- Here is a good discussion thread with pictures from individuals making their own sleds
- PiceaRubens offers modifications to the Penob Bob design.
- Mad River Rocket offers a pulk kit, material list and instructions.
- Or visit skipulk.com and download the Pulkbook
Follow our occasional Tweets @WinterCampersSHARE