Winter camping in late March or early April still provides snow, but temperatures are moderate and there is more daylight.
Think about when to take your winter camping trip and consider the conditions for your time period:
- November: Moderate temperatures, possible rain, thin snow cover
- December: Short days and long nights, thin snow cover
- January: Good snow cover, long nights, extreme temperatures
- February: Good snow cover, long nights, extreme temperatures
- March: Longer days, milder temperatures, adequate snow
- April: Spotty snow cover, warm temperatures, longer days