I have used this silk sleeping bag liner since 2003. I originally purchased it for use winter camping but it is equally valuable for summer time camping. I have used this liner in a variety of weather conditions with temperatures ranging from -teens to mid-70s.
Benefits of the liner include:
- It gives a layer of protection between your body and any water bottles or clothes you include in your sleeping bag at night.
- Lightweight. Only 4.7 ounces
- Warm. The liner adds 9.5 degrees of warmth to your sleeping system and reduces the air space your body needs to heat up.
- Comfortable. It is breathable, wicks moisture away from skin and is soft and comfortable to the skin.
- Ideal size. I am 6’4″ and found the sizing of liner to be ideal. The 95″ long bag features a drawstring hood, a 35″ wide opening taping to a comfortable 22″ boxed foot end.
- Easy to clean. Machine washable.
- Protects your sleeping bag from body oils and dirt.
I use the liner during summer trips as well. If it’s too hot to sleep with my sleeping bag zipped close I sleep on top of the bag with the liner over top.