If you want to keep your water bottle from freezing you can buy a commercial bottle insulator or you can use an old wool sock/mitten and slip that over your water bottle. Or you can make your own insulated water bottle cozy.
What you’ll need three items to build your cozy: Reflectix insulation (available at any hardware store), duct tape and velcro strips (6 inches).
You will need three tools: a measuring tape, heavy-duty scissors and a marker
- Trace the water bottle bottom on a piece of Reflectix and cut out the resulting disc.
- Measure the water bottle height and outside circumference, then cut a strip of insulation matching these dimensions.
- Place the water bottle on the disc and wrap the insulation strip around it.
- Tape all seams with duct tape or aluminum foil tape. Make sure it fits the water bottle snugly.
- You can add more insulation by placing a second, smaller disc of Reflectix inside the cozy.
Follow the same steps to make a pot cozy. You can tailor the cozy by wrapping the insulation’s exterior in tape to protect it from abrasion.
Follow our occasional Tweets @WinterCampers and visit us on Facebook.
July 28th, 2014 | Category: Winter Camping
Comments are closed.