What can you learn from winter camping?
Tim Jones over at EasternSlopes had some pithy items in one of his articles “Lessons From A First (Winter) Campout”.
Read the article, but I extracted the lessons taught by Winter Camping as individual items.
- We are all essentially responsible for ourselves and we all need to carry our fair share.
- Sometimes long-term benefits outweighs immediate desires.
- First things first; if everyone pitches in, chores get done.
- Use your head(s) and don’t give up.
- Sometimes it’s okay to just be in the moment.
- Sometimes you just have to get through a bad night to reach a new day.
Follow our occasional Tweets @WinterCampers